Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Catching Up...Jr./Sr. Banquet and Katherine's visit

A Night in Paris

Jr./Sr. Banquet
The weekend after returning from Scotland, we had our annual Jr./Sr. Banquet.  The juniors did a great job of creating "A Night in Paris"!  They did a great job with decorations, events, and especially the photo booth!  I had a fun night with a great group of people at my table and my ride home.  Here are some pictures of the evening...
The seniors
Sophi and Karla
Having fun at the photo booth.












Me, Clara, and Abie being silly in the photo booth.



Katherine Came to Visit
The next Friday, my friend and former roommate from Atlanta flew into town for a week and a few days.  It was a joy to have her here.  While she was here we had a game night with most of the single ladies. She came to school with me. We went shopping.  We ate at different restaurants. I took her to the market, and she even got to celebrate her birthday with me.  Her first Sunday here was her birthday. We  went to church, ate Bolivian food, and traveled out to a small town called Porongo.  I think she had a pretty great time!  I am so thankful for her visit.  It was great timing. As I prepare to leave, I am cleaning out drawers that have been a collecting place for a lot of odds and ends as well as figuring out what to sell, keep, or just throw away.  It was nice to have her here to help, to give encouragement, and to just have some one to talk to.  Packing up and leaving has never been easy for me, and this time is not any different.  It was great to have a friend who has been with me through a couple of packing up and leaving phases of my life.  She was truly a blessing!!


Porongo

Bolivian Birthday lunch with the ladies


Dinner with my neighbors
Enjoying a selfie with Jessica




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this.

    Please the facebook page for our group here in Kenya Seeds of Love Community Self Help Group.

    We will be glad to hear from you all and welcome to Kenya.

    Kind regards,
    Samwel Ayott
    +254 702 365 838
    +254 735 722 223
    seedsoflovecommunityshg@gmail.com
    samwelayott182@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete