Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Past Faithfulness Reflected in the Present


The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; GREAT IS YOUR FAITHFULNESS!

Lamentations 3:22-23 (ESV)

Yesterday I had the pleasure of walking into Midnight Oil, a coffee shop in Searcy, to the joy of seeing a beautiful face from my past...PEYTON JOY MCVEY!!  We were both so stinkin' excited,  I think we hugged 15 times!!  We had no clue that we needed each other in that moment. The Lord knew that I needed to remember the past so that I could be refreshed in the present. 

Peyton, along with, Ana, Caroline, and Laura were girls that were in my trail guide group at North Atlanta Church of Christ.  This was a group of girls I mentored from their freshman year to their senior year in high school.  We went through a lot together!  Walking alongside them we grew in Christ and learned from each other was what helped me take the step of going back to school to get my Masters in School Counseling, and was also a catalyst in my journey to Bolivia! I longed to live a life where I could mentor women as my job, and these girls helped me see that I could (shout out to Justin Bagwell and NASM for creating the trail guide program). These ladies hold a pretty big place in my heart, so catching up with Peyton and Caroline (she popped in to say hi) made my heart soooooooo happy!  

It was great to catch up and giggle with them again.  I praise God for how much Peyton and Caroline have grown and matured.  I don't doubt that the Lord has done the same thing with Ana and Laura (I do see them on social media).  I am proud of the women they are becoming, and so very thankful I got to be part of their lives!!

My relationship with Peyton, Ana, Caroline, and Laura gave me confidence as a mentor.  It allowed me to see that I do have something to offer others. The Lord taught me through my time with them that we are created to live life in community, to sharpen one another, to share our weaknesses with others, and to be open to the Holy Spirit's guidance within relationships! I would not be where I am today without these beautiful young women. As I look back on my time with them, I see how faithful God was in using me in their lives and them in mine, and as I ponder my life since then I see how God was faithful to use me and grow me through relationships both in Bolivia and now with missionary women.  I praise him for allowing me to see His faithfulness in the past reflected in the present, and it gives me hope in His future faithfulness.  

Seeing Peyton and Caroline was just what I needed.  It reminded me that I am right where I need to be, walking alongside some pretty important women all of the world! Praise the Lord for giving us who and what we need when we need it!  

Psalm 71:22 (NIV)
I will praise you with the harp for your faithfulness, my God; I will sing praise to you with the lyre, Holy One of Israel. 

Psalm 139:5 (NLT)
You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head.



No comments:

Post a Comment