Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Month?!?!!....A Long Road Ahead

The drive from the gate to my house in the compound
That is right...I have been in Bolivia for 1 month.  Four weeks ago today I flew into Santa Cruz, Bolivia having no clue what God had in store for me here.  I have made new friends, taught new students, taught subjects I have never taught before, and I am still trying to get used to it all!  I am falling in love with the people and school here.  I already know who will take care of me, who can make me laugh, who will give me wise direction, who will let me cry in their arms when I miss home, who will get me meds in the middle of the night, and who will love me for me!  God told me that He would provide a community and the things I need.  Even though it doesn't look the way I thought it would, it is for sure a blessing to know that the Lord will provide.  It is nice to know that I can trust Him in this journey.   I believe in faith that He will continue to do so!!

Here are some of the things I have experienced in this first month here in Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia!

A new home











My front door
Living room




Kitchen


A new school

























 A new classroom

A walk to school with cows
















Faculty Retreat


Late night cards
Cabin mates


 Meals and coffee with new friends
First cooked meal in my apartment

Coffee somewhat like Starbucks

A rainy birthday



  



  







Bleaching my fruits and veggies so I don't get sick...They are good and cheap though!!  
Less than $4 for all of this!!












Making coffee in more than just the push of a button.




Marching in a Bolivian parade
Our seniors led the staff in the parade




Lining up



















Cooking
BBQ chicken

Mopping and sweeping my floors weekly...ok maybe just sweeping

Gross floors...I hardly ever take my shoes off!

Worshiping with amazing high school students
Youth minister is in the middle...we meet every Monday night! I LOVE it!

Skyping with my parents

Aren't they cute?

Critters in my house..ugh!













Cramming 13 people into one car


















Santa Cruz Day Celebration at school


Most of my 6th grade girls

Some great high school girls that I adore!
Most of my 6th grade boys


My time here in Santa Cruz has had its ups and downs, and I have been taught so much about myself in this month!  He is taking care of me and letting me take care of others!  I praise Him for the journey thus far and continue to look for his presence in every situation!  

6 comments:

  1. LOVED this!! So great to see what life looks like now. You are beautiful!! We need another skype date soon. Let's plan one for this week or next.

    LOVE you pookers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you too!! Skype...let me know your schedule and we can work it out!

      Delete
  2. I'm am soo happy to star in your blog! :) BUT mostly happy to find a friend in you :) (Toy Story reference)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) You are totally a star! I am so very thankful for you too!!

      Delete
  3. Love this!!! Keep the pictures coming! Looks like you're doing great. Brian made a Katie face on Saturday and it made me laugh and miss you! Praying for you all the time. ;)

    muah!
    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for showing us all the pictures! This is great! I love getting to see what life is like for you there. I hate it when critters get into the house too. Doesn't that just BUG you?!?!? Hahaha! Miss you Katie and am praying for you as you continue to adjust to the culture and find your new home in Bolivia. I'm proud of you:-) Love you! -Kara

    ReplyDelete