Saturday, August 4, 2012

Past, Present, and Future

This blog post is long overdue!!!

In the last week and a half, I have...  moved to Arkansas, filled my parents living room with my stuff, gone through my memories in my closet, helped take care of my sweet nieces and nephew, enjoyed the lake, sent off for my visa, celebrated birthdays, caught up with old friends, gained more support, missed my ATL friends... A LOT, and waited!  

In my waiting and remembering, I have been able to reflect on what He has done in my life from high school to now!  I have also been able to dream about what He will do in the future!

Past Katie:
As I cleaned out my closet at my parent's house, many memories came flooding back.  The amazing friends I gained when I moved my junior year in high school and how I thought it was the most devastating thing to move in the middle of high school.  God allowed me to grow in so many ways from humbling me by being manager of the basketball team instead of playing.  He allowed me to enhance my gift of encouragement through managing, being Pep Club president, and befriending some that were not well-liked.  He also allowed me to gain friendships that have lasted a lifetime with women that have encouraged and challenged me through some of the most difficult times of my life.  He is my provider!!

Thinking about college, He went before me and prepared people, experiences, and places that allowed me to grow in who I am in Him and to know that I am loved!  I found class notes from some of my favorite classes Missionary Anthropolgy and History of Missions with Monte Cox and Gospel of Luke with Ross Cochran.  He was already shaping me for this journey then.  He allowed me the experiences of being a counselor at Gander Brook Christian Camp and campaigning to Toronto, Calgary, New Mexico, Germany, and Switzerland with some great people.  He allowed me to encourage and to be loved and cared for my two social clubs.  What a joy it is to be His and to receive His love on a daily basis!  He is my molder!




My 9 years of teaching and my life in Atlanta has been a growth experience in itself!  Last Monday night, I sat in a room with some of my best friends to receive their love and prayers as I told them bye!  I am a different person because of them.  I am more like Christ because of love, challenges, and grace that they bestowed upon me!  They have stuck by me in my poopiness, in my craziness, and in my sadness.  They have rejoiced in my happiness, in my accomplishments, and in my being me.  They taught me more about Jesus.  They taught me how to be still and listen to our Lord!  They built me up and allowed me to find the courage to step out answering the call, all the while having full confidence in their support and love. He has allowed me many laughs and many tears with my dear sweet friends in the ATL, and I will be forever grateful!  I can't say enough how much I love you all! How great is our Lord that He would give such wonderful, faithful relationships here on Earth!  He is my joy!!

Present Katie
Who am I now? 
I am and always have been a daughter of Christ, His beloved!  I am truly loved by a faithful, comforting, and amazing Savior who wants the best for me! 

What is going on in my flesh? 
Frustration in the visa process, worry of not getting there on time, sadness in leaving friends and family, wanting just one more hug from...EVERYONE, longing to have a place to settle into, and desire to know what it will be like in Santa Cruz both in life and work

What has he said to my spirit? 
"I have gone before you to prepare a place just for you, people to love, comfort, and hug you, to provide community.  I am with you, your family, and friends.  I know exactly when I want you there.  I know just how you need to be introduced to the culture, people, and school.  I have got it!  I love you and know what is best!"

I am laying it at His feet on a daily basis!  He is in control!  I am enjoying my time in Arkansas with family, catching up with old friends, and making new friends.  I am especially loving the moments I have with my favorite little buddies (Gintry, Georgia, Jensen, Leigha, and Isaac), being an aunt is the best!!

Future Katie
How exciting it is to think about what God will do in my life in Bolivia, in my classroom, on an airplane, or in a restaurant!!
Some of my friends and my dad have gotten words, pictures, or had dreams about me.  I love how He speaks to us through others.  Words of provision and strength.  Pictures of a joyful woman and me dancing with Jesus.  A dream of me with my children.  Through all of these, He promises to provide what I need, and only He really truly knows what I need!  He has given me a chance of a lifetime to follow His leading to Bolivia, and I know that the Katie that comes out of this experience will be forever changed.   

HE IS ALIVE AND WORKING!!

1 comment:

  1. Love you friend! Love these reflections. Praying for you. Love the picture of your "little buddies." So cute!

    ReplyDelete