Tuesday, August 21, 2012

What is He teaching me in my WAITING!


But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.   Micah 7:7 
His mercies are new every morning!

 
Here I am sitting on my parents' couch still WAITING... waiting for the Lord to provide my visa for Bolivia.  Since I woke up this morning, He has continually reminded me to TRUST in Him, WAIT for Him, HOPE in Him, TRUST some more, PRAISE Him for what He has done, and REJOICE in my waiting.  

The last week has been a struggle for me.  My longing for Bolivia and my new chapter there has been a constant dwelling place for me.  I have been on my knees in tears asking for the Lord to provide my way to  Bolivia.  I have asked for the prayers of my friends and family.  I have constantly been in prayer for the Lord to move those Bolivian fingers and hearts to grant a visa in time for me to get there for the first day of school.  Some moments I thought the Lord may have forgotten me, but along the way I have remembered that He works things out for the good.  I am here for a reason.  Here are some of those reasons:

  • I have gotten to spend some TIME with my parents that I would have not had if I were in Bolivia!
  • I was needed to watch my nieces and nephews for two days when James and Jordan had no one to watch them.  I loved every minute of it!  Being a part of their lives for a short time has been pure JOY!
  • I needed some much needed time with my friend, Ashley.  I needed to hear her story of how our God has provided for her.  I needed to hear that maybe I am hear because I need to REST.
  • I got to CELEBRATE my mom on her birthday when I haven't been able to the last few years because of the start of school.
  • I got to welcome two my trail guide girls to college and to be a familiar face for them away from home...what a BLESSING to be able to hug them just one more time!
  • I have spent some much needed time with my sister-in-law Jordan.  I ENJOY having her as a friend here!
  • I got to enjoy a meal with Kathy, her daughter, her sister, and my mom after she came home from the hospital.  PRAISE the Lord she is being healed!
  • I have enjoyed reading about our Father's faithfulness through blogs, Facebook posts, and emails from my TeachBeyond friends all over the world!  He truly is FAITHFUL to provide!
  • I got to visit and kiss on my nephew Isaac one more time and allow his sister Leigha to know me a little more!  I LOVE these little people!
Making silly faces...haha!

These are only a few of the reasons I am still here in Arkansas and the United States! He is working it out for the good, and I still HOPE and TRUST in the FAITHFULNESS of my Lord and Savior.  He brings JOY, CONFIDENCE, STRENGTH, and BLESSING as I continue to surrender this life to HIM.

He continues to give me hope in His word, through the book "Jesus Calling", and through music.  Here are some promises from His word that is alive and speaking to my heart.


 “O Lord, God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven above or on earth below—you who keep your covenant of love with your servants who continue wholeheartedly in your way.
1 Kings 8:23
 
“But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence.
Jeremiah 17:7

But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.   
Isaiah 40:31
 
The Lord is good, a strong refuge when trouble comes. He is close to those who trust in him. 
Nahum 1:7

I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope.  
Psalm 130:5

I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him;it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.

 Lamentations 3:24-26



GOD IS GOOD!

1 comment:

  1. I am paying for u. I like your out look on what is happening. I am that way also trying to always see the good in what is going on around me. Living that way you will find peace and keep it

    ReplyDelete