Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Your PRAISE and PRAYERS are NEEDED!

Since my last post, my mom's friend, Kathy has started her recovery process.  She seems to be getting better day by day, but like I said last time has experienced those moments of anxiety and uncertainty. I praise the Lord for her continued progress toward total healing!  I pray that the moments of uncertainty would be overwhelmed with peace that passes understanding!  

We have also celebrated 3 birthdays (Jordan, James, and my mom), and my mom and I have enjoyed taking care of James and Jordan’s three children (Gintry, Georgia, and Jensen).  They have so much more energy than I ever remember having.  It has been great to be a part of their lives again!

I have also had a garage/yard/carport/tag/whatever you want to call it sale here at my parents' house since my last post.  People from their church donated items and my mom, dad, brothers, sister-in-law, and I worked from 5pm Friday night until later in the day Saturday night setting up, retrieving items from storage, selling, cleaning up, and giving a lot of the leftovers to the neighbor down the road.  It was a busy two days, but we made $475 for all our hard work.  I praise the Lord for a family that will devote time to helping me in this journey, for the time spent with them, and for the provision of $475 that the Lord brought.  I pray that our time spent in conversation and the items we sold and gave away were a blessing to those who came.

Now for the great and not so great news:

GREAT NEWS:  I am at 90.1% (according to my calculations)!  I am ready to buy that plane ticket....Whoop! Whoop!  I praise my Jehovah Jireh for His provision!!

Not so great news:  I can't get a plane ticket until I have my visa, and that does not seem to be coming any time soon.  My papers for my visa were submitted on August 9th and they say that it takes a minimum of 4 weeks for the visa to be processed.  This puts me in Bolivia the first week in September... more waiting!!  However, I KNOW AND BELIEVE THAT MY GOD IS BIGGER than the Bolivian government, and He can get it processed sooner. I pray once again for the provision that only He can give!

I long to be in Bolivia setting up my classroom and my apartment, meeting new people, laying eyes on those I have only talked to on Facebook or email, and diving into the Bolivian culture, yet I sit in a bedroom in Searcy, AR waiting in frustration for that time to come!  I desire my new life in Bolivia!  I desire friends and community!  I long for His peace and presence in my waiting, dreaming, and longing for the Bolivia I desire to call home! Thankfully, the board of SCCLC has decided to delay the start of school until August 27th to allow for all the new teachers that are waiting on visas.  They agreed that the amount of subs needed to start the year on the 14th would not benefit the students.  I am thankful for this wise decision and praise the Lord for providing wisdom and discernment to the board!

Please join me in praising the Lord for all He has done thus far and all that He will do in the future!  Please pray for His peace in waiting, the speedy processing of my visa along with all the other new teachers’ visas, and for the beginning of the school year at SCCLC to be smooth and successful!

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."  Ephesians 3:20-21

"For since the world began, no ear has heard and no eye has seen a God like you, who works for those who wait for him!"  Isaiah 64:4

4 comments:

  1. Hey Katie, I didn't really get to know you before you started this journey, but I wanted you to know that I've so enjoyed reading your blog and following your adventures so far! I have been amazed at the speed of the Lord's provision for you and join you in praising Him for that! I have so many friends who have gone through this process and know that it can be lengthy. I will be praying that your visa comes quickly so that you can move into the new life that the Lord has clearly ordained for you. He is GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and you are right -- God is bigger than any government regulation!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is setting everything up. The transition is hard, but He is teaching us something in it.

    In the meantime, grab lunch with Hannah as often as you can!

    I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright Katie! I know waiting is hard, but the hardest part is done! I hope you fly out of ATL :) :)

    ReplyDelete